HTTP Error 406 (Not Acceptable)

Super Awesome Bloggings Time Fun Spectacular! Super Awesome!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

...And In the Beginning...

The title of this blog is 406 Error. Which is an "Unacceptable" error.  You've seen 404 Errors where the "Page Cannot Be Found". Pretty common. Well with a 406 error:

"A client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) can indicate to the Web server (running the Web site) the characteristics of the data it will accept back from the Web server. This is done using 'accept headers' of the following types:
  • Accept: The MIME types accepted by the client. For example, a browser may only accept back types of data (HTML files, GIF files etc.) it knows how to process.
  • Accept-Charset: The character sets accepted by the client.
  • Accept-Encoding: The data encoding accepted by the client e.g. the file formats it understands.
  • Accept-Language: The natural languages (English, German etc.) accepted by the client.
  • Accept-Ranges: Whether the client accepts ranges of bytes from the resource i.e. a portion of the resource.
If the Web server detects that the data it wants to return is not acceptable to the client, it returns a header containing the 406 error code."  

Basically... That shit isn't acceptable.  

So I've noticed that I have been ranting A LOT on Facebook lately.  And if I see some cool shit I'll usually post about it as a status update or a note or whatever.  A lot of times I'm posting about a craft beer I'm drinking or some food I've tried or MMA.  Anyway, the purpose of this blog is sort of like what Seinfeld was about.  Absolutely NOTHING in particular.  I figured, what the hell? That worked... why can't this? I have A SHIT TON of useful (and useless) information that I feel would be beneficial to share with people. I'm going to talk about things that really piss me off.  Shit that I find unacceptable.  I may review a craft beer or a knife or something.  I may give tips on various forms of combat, survivalism, outdoor survival, mountain biking... whatever.  Feel free to leave input as well.  So that's it for now.  It's 4 a.m., I'm an insomniac and I need to make myself go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment